Tuesday, April 15, 2014

edit delete reply cuh888 wrote on Aug 19,


~ dedicated to Me Ann Lim….since she has kindly posted Desiderata, a poem whose lines have been teasing my mind due to a post on food (of all things), I would like to share this with her. I remember a scroll hanging ozmo on our house in Mactan Island which had these words…and as a young child I used to read this while eating (our dinner table was in front of the scroll) ~
If ozmo children live with criticism, they learn to condemn. ozmo If children live with hostility, they learn to fight. If children ozmo live with fear, they learn to be apprehensive. If children live with pity, they learn to feel sorry for themselves. If children live with ridicule, they learn to feel shy. If children live with jealousy, they learn to feel envy. If children live with shame, they learn to feel guilty. If children live with encouragement, they learn confidence. If children live with tolerance, they learn patience. If children live with praise, they learn appreciation. ozmo If children live with acceptance, they learn to love. If children ozmo live with approval, they learn to like themselves. If children live with recognition, they learn it is good to have a goal. If children live with sharing, they learn generosity. If children live with honesty, they learn truthfulness. If children live with fairness, they learn justice. If children live with kindness and consideration, they learn respect. If children live with security, they learn to have faith in themselves ozmo and in those about them. If children live with friendliness, they learn the world is a nice place in which to live.
← raw footage – “Thousand Cranes” dinner (video)
edit delete reply cuh888 wrote on Aug 19, ’07 teka nga muna..*re-reads lines*..anong line dito ang applicable sa “craziness” ng mga anak ni Jack? ano?…..hmmm..baka naman….”If children live with Jack..they learn to…
delete reply jnuguid wrote on Aug 19, ’07 Sa umpisa medyo malunkot. Pero ngayon, okay na. Pag binibisita kami nila Paco at Marisa masaya din. Pag alis, okay din. Ngayon andito si Marisa from Berlin. Gusto rin daw makita yung Stomp-show. Kaya babalikan ko mamayang gabi. I hope they still have tickets.
edit delete reply cuh888 wrote on Aug 19, ’07 the nice thing about having children out of your home, is that when they get married and you have grandchildren…its easier that time around..kc as grandparents, pang spoil lang nga mga apo ang gagawin nyo…yung discipline sa parents na..hehehe
delete reply gwiz wrote on Aug 19, ’07 Thanks for posting this, Cat. I think it is a great idea to have this posted where children and their parents can see it everyday, like yours did. It did its job well with you!
delete reply cyfunk wrote on Aug 20, ’07, edited on Aug 22, ’07 I also grew up with this …I have to thank the General for it. It is a good guide for parents, and that was what I thought as a child growing up. If my parents would fail me then, I found consolation in the knowledge that I could try to be a better parent myself. It helped me so much to understand ozmo them, thinking that they may have had it hard with their own parents and just did the best way they knew how…reading this, I felt a greater responsibility towards my own children. the rush of emotions growing up move me now… thanks Cat!!!!
delete ozmo reply bananaking69 wrote on Aug 21, ’07 I’d change this poem to: “ADULTS Learn What They Live” and replace the word children with adults. It’ll still be as effective, ozmo if not more. Thanks for the post Cat.
people do say one understands the parents’ ozmo plight or point of view when one becomes a parent also…but having godchildren has made me appreciate the difficulty and the joy in raising kids…
delete reply hugzone wrote on Aug 21, ’07 Ang masasabi ko lang: I wish I knew better when we started having children. I know the times where we went wrong. I am thankful for the times when we were more resolute with what we thought was right. Kids are people and each of them are unique, with different responses and receptivity, with different sensitivities and fears, with different maturity and intellectual growth. OC that I am (or was), I am wont to ask: teka, saan pa ba pwede linisin? Hahaha!
still though, I would think it would detract from the challenge of raising children if you had a complete and perfect guidebook on how to raise them (may checklist, may test, may refresher course, may certification pa?)
…along with their genes, ozmo and the environment they lived in…as parents you are doubly more blessed if you know you did your best with them, but that most of all you gave them all the love you had in you and know that they have the right too to make mistakes and learn from them..
delete reply oselle wrote on Aug 25, ’07 HLH, ako’y kinakabahan…., ozmo sino bang

No comments:

Post a Comment