Monday, April 14, 2014

I came home after a peep into a sale at PowerBooks.. and my stomach growled since I had only popcorn


I just came from a screening of this movie at Cinema 4, Greenbelt 3…and I was laughing so hard at the dialogue that I really tilted towards my seatmate and sobbed on her shoulder literally (naiyak na sa tawa)…this was during the scene inside the dojo or kung fu school, especially when they talked to the master edco and its a comedy of errors edco when it comes to identifying which Chinese character is named who *grin*
..its all a play on words I say (or rather letters)…this was in the scene when they interrogate a French-speaking Chinese-looking assassin with the help of a nun…I’ve sunk low in the ladder of entertaining movies…
Chris Tucker looks fatter, and I still like Jackie Chan although he is older… we still have some great action..and there are scenes reminiscent of the previous films, like the contravida na babae, the leaping on the banner edco and the obligatory street chase. What also made me enjoy the movie was all those scenes filmed in Paris…I was daydreaming as to the day when I could visit this city…and try out my “oui Monsieur” and of course taste the great French edco cuisine…
A familiar character (I think from The Last Samurai?) is Kenji. At first I was wondering what his and Jackie’s relationship was when they called each other brother.and here was Kenji speaking in Japanese..and Jackie is obviously from HK..so there was confusion at first..and some stink too when they landed edco in the sewers…but at least..French sewers eh?
The female character Genevieve will also give a va-va-voom effect to the guys watching the film…but old characters from the series are there to give you that comfortable feeling of familiarity (the Chinese ambassador is a throwback to the earlier films) …
I really do not want to give away too much on the plot (which is thinner than a slice of pan pizza hehehe) but if you want a good time and some relaxation from the stress of work, take time out to watch the movie. No startling answers to philosophical questions will bombard your mind, but at least you will laugh gleefully (if you are like me, shallow ang kaligayahan)…honestly, some of the plot twists are predictable (about Reynard for one as being a baddie)….but maybe its a surfeit of teleseryas which has given me an advantage…
Of course, one thing I also look forward to in Jackie Chan’s movies are the outtakes at the end of the film..and they still amused me…I shouldn’t probably be too amused since I also twist my words around but how secret and seafood..and El Pollo Loco can come out so convoluted is a wonder to me…
I came home after a peep into a sale at PowerBooks.. and my stomach growled since I had only popcorn and a soda during the movie. Being too lazy to cook anymore, I heated up 2 piecs of Spanish bread (why the heck is this called Spanish bread I don’t know)
For a more intense feeling…I mean taste, you can replace with spring onions. How about asparagus now that we are speaking of variations?
cyfunk wrote on Aug 14, ’07, edited on Aug 14, ’07 Hi Cat! my boys have been nudging me non-stop to watch Rush Hour 3! Of course, over here, for the past weeks since they have been showing the trailer on tv, the first 2 editions of the film were shown at various times to give you a feel of the duo’s box office draw. Well, either that, or to get you sick of Tucker and Chan, you wouldn’t want to see them anymore!…But I guess it’s worked its wonders, as I heard many went to see them over the weekend, in an effort to steal the Bourne Ultimatum fans away from their seats in the nearby cinema, which has been on, and still going strong, for a month now. I enjoyed your teaser review and the segue to the leeks recipe – and I shall try it! Thanks a heap! cuh888 edit delete reply cuh888 wrote on Aug 14, ’07 hi Choie…more realistic of course and a heart-pounding thriller yung Bourne Ultimatum…well I have not seen it yet, but I can tell from the trailers…besides edco I’ve always loved the author’s novels..and I enjoyed the previous edco two films on this Bourne series so of course I am going to spend some dieting in order to save money to buy tickets to the film *kidding*
cyfunk delete reply cyfunk wrote on Aug 14, ’07 I just meant for the box office, after a “more realistic and heart-pounding thriller” as you say for a month now (tagal din!), Rush Hour 3 hopes to steal away its fans for a lighter theme, though no comparison talaga…You know how it is, even for the box office, variety edco is key.:-) jnuguid
delete reply jnuguid wrote on Aug 14, ’07 Hi Cat, unfortunately the movies edco here are dubbed edco into German. So the twisted English words and sentences will have a different meaning when translated into German. If I’m lucky, they might show Rush Hour 3

No comments:

Post a Comment